Microsemi Corporation System Validation Lab Technologist in Roseville, California
The Enterprise Storage Division is a business unit within Microsemi addressing the enterprise and server storage markets. As a Staff Non-Volatile Memory Quality Assurance Engineer, you will join a team of professionals in developing and validating state-of-art System-on-Chip (SoC) devices with embedded processors, and their real-time firmware. You will be responsible for ensuring that each product meets the high quality standards required for each solution. The ideal candidate will possess years of industry expertise in ensuring the quality of storage solutions and will have a background in non-volatile memory storage subsystems. Reporting to the Product Validation Manager, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Function as part of a team of Quality Assurance Engineers and technicians to run device level validation for NVMe products
- Execute manual and automated test cases using validation tools.
- Manage test servers and lab infrastructure. This includes monitoring usage and performance of systems, and taking initiative to fix issues.
- Use judgment when selecting methods for obtaining results, and interact with senior personnel as needed.
- Inventory control and tracking.
- Create unattended install media for all supported Operating Systems. Create automated scripts to update and manage installed software and features.
- Rack, install, and update systems.
- Execute your assigned portions of the Functional Validation Test Plan (FTP) for storage products.
- File problem reports on defects found to enable the program team to track validation efforts and product quality.
- Perform debug of the systems to assist in the problem identification and resolution.
Operate independently and with little or no need for supervision.
Associate degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of software/firmware system validation and/or SQA.
- Experience in various operating systems (MS Windows and Linux)
- Understanding of PCIe architecture and experience in computer hardware/software debug.
- Experience in storage technologies, such as NVMe, SAS/SATA, SCSI.
- Experience filing comprehensive problem reports.
- Effective communicator (verbal and written).
- Highly motivated, sets personal goals, and achieves goals without supervision.
- Works well in a high stress continually changing Validation environment.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux Platforms.
- Experience in storage protocol validation such as PCIe, NVMe, SAS/SATA, SCSI.
- Familiarity with Flash Storage Technologies
- Experience with HBAs and SAS/SATA/SCSI architectures
- Knowledge of OS driver architectures in Windows/Linux
- Experience with Server Hardware/Software debug
- Experience Java, Python, and/or C programming
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled